Winter can be challenging with selling your home, but here are a few tips to help make it a positive experience:
1. Keep sidewalks and front entrances clear of snow and ice. You don't want anyone slip and fall as they are coming to view your home.
2. Put a boot tray or large rug inside the front door entrance for people to remove their wet footwear.
3. Make sure icicles are not hanging over your front porch entrance. They can be dangerous for visitors.
4. Don't leave candles burning. Scented candles can be a major turn off for clients as not everyone agrees to certain aromas. Also, it can be a fire hazard when unattended.
5. Try not to over decorate for the holidays. Keep it simple, yet nice.
6. It gets dark much earlier in the winter months. If you are leaving your home in the early evening for a showing, turn on some lights before you leave so it's not dark for potential buyers upon entering your home.
7. Don't leave an active wood burning fire in the fireplace if at all possible.
8. Ask your agent what feedback he/she received regarding your home. Sometimes there are helpful hints or ideas that can make the next showing even better.