There are many things you can do to get your home ready for sale in the cold winter months, here a just a few ideas:
* Make sure to keep your walkways clear of snow and ice. Have the driveway plowed or shoveled.
* Keep your outdoor lighting in good working order as the days become darker earlier and a potential buyer still likes to see the yard layout.
* Clear off icicles from the front entryway.
* Keep the house at a comfortable temperature for showings.
* If the home is vacant, keep a rug at the front entrance for wet boots and shoes.
* Check doors and windows for cold air leaks or heat escaping and repair if possible.
* Don't leave portable heaters running or candles burning during showings.