There are things you can do to your home before you put it on the market. Here are a few ideas that would help get it ready at a minimal cost:
* Unclutter all closets and storage areas. You want to make storage areas look large.
* Move any extra furniture that isn't being used into storage or sell it. Make the
rooms flow nicely as people walk through your home.
* Pack family photos that are on dressers or shelves. The buyers want to feel like
they can make the home their own.
* Don't install room deodorizers. People will think you are trying to hide
* Make sure all windows and doors open easily.
* Get some touch up paint for those areas where paint has chipped off or is just in
need of some freshening up.
* Clean the inside of microwaves, refrigerators, stoves, etc. People like to see that
you have taken care of your appliances.
* Pack any extra "clutter" that is sitting around in bedrooms, family rooms, etc.
* Fix any leaking faucets.